THIS TOURNAMENT WILL FOLLOW BJJ OFICIAL RULES.
- In all categories the central referee has the authority to stop a match when either of the competitors is in danger of serious bodily harm as a result of a submission and award the victory to competitor applying the submission.
- Cervical locks or neck cranks are not allowed in any category .
- Athletes under 18 (Juveniles) and white belts are not allowed to compete in the open class.
- Wrestling shoes or any type of shoes, head gear, shirts under the gi (except for girls) and any kind of protectors that can alter the outcome of the match in any way are not allowed in competition.
- In children divisions between 5-15 years, when a competitor is executing a triangle and the opponent stands up it is the referees obligation to stand in a position to protect both athletes, specifically to reduce the risk of cervical damage.
You cannot compete in a lower belt division than your previous BJJ tournament. (ie. If you competed in purple, you cannot go back down as a blue).
|5,6 years||2 min|
|7,8 years||3 min|
|9,10 years||3 min|
|11,12 years||4 min|
|13,14,15 years||4 min|
|16, 17||5 min|
|White Belt||5 min|
|Blue Belt||6 min|
|Purple Belt||7 min|
|Brown/Black Belt||10 min|
|Black Belt||10 min|
|Women Purple/Bro8 minwn/Black Belt|
For kids rules: www.ontariojiujitsu.com
For more rules: